Saturday, July 16, 2011

First Scary Fall

Well, mommy had her first (and hopefully only) fall while holding Peter. I was home alone with Peter and we were coming inside from the backyard pool. I was holding Peter because I did not want him to slip as he walked inside like he did last time. (Of course he has a shorter distance to fall and a diaper to land on.) Unfortunately I was wet also, and I slipped as soon as I hit the linoleum. Both of us went careening forward into the dining area directly in front of us. My instincts kicked in and I quickly gripped Peter tightly to my chest as I stuck my other hand out to direct my fall. We fell into a chair, catching all of our weight with my arm first. I attempted to push off the chair and flip over as my knee hit the ground. I ended up on my back with Peter on top of me. Peter seemed fine, he only wined after he saw the look on my face. We sat on the floor for a while so mommy could get the feeling back in her arm and regain her sanity. Thank God it wasn't worse. I had a bruised wrist and knee. Peter was fine (the important part).

I had bought a rug the day before, specifically for this reason. I just had not put it out yet. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.