It took a long

time trying to figure out how to manage our new life. Recovering from surgery did not help the situation. As you can see I am just starting this blog two months in. For a while my spare time was spent sleeping, washing bottles, pumping or staring off into space in an "I can't believe I'm a mom" coma.
Sleep

was a foreign word and dividing up responsibilities was hard to do when our emotions were raw. My mom came from Dallas and helped out for the first few weeks and I was gratefully surprised by the number of friends that brought us dinner. And of course Andrew's family often stopped by

to play with Peter and give us a much needed break.
Peter h

as never been the best sleeper. He was up almost every hour at night. Despite his wakefulness, Peter was a well tempered baby. He did not cry a lot and when he was fussy or crying we were able to console him (with practice and the advice of the grandmas).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.